JOIN THE FLATHEAD LAKE MUSSEL WALK 2019
Early detection of invasive mussels is paramount to preventing an infestation. Once mussels are established, it is impossible to get rid of them. Join our community effort to keep a watchful eye on Flathead Lake and watershed.
Community mussel walk:
- May 1, Flathead Lake Biological Station: West Shore Unit, Lakeside
- May 2, Flathead Lake Biological Station, Yellow Bay
- May 3, Salish Point, Polson
- May 17, Flathead Lake Biological Station: Wayfarers Unit, Bigfork
- May 24, Whitefish City Beach and State Park
Begins at 9:00 with educational activities and mussel detecting dog demo, followed by the mussel walk and beach clean-up.
Participate in the Online Mussel Walk Challenge
Conduct your own mussel walk:
- Invasive mussel identification
- Instructions and contact information for anything suspicious
- Submit results below