JOIN THE 2020 CSKT MUSSEL WALK – PROTECT OUR WATERS
Early detection of invasive mussels is paramount to preventing an infestation. Once mussels are established, it is impossible to get rid of them. Join our community effort to keep a watchful eye on Flathead Lake and watershed.
Community mussel walks:
- May 14, Flathead Lake State Park: Wayfarers Unit, Bigfork
- May 20, Flathead Lake Biological Station, Yellow Bay
- May 21, Salish Building, Polson
- May 22, Whitefish City Beach and State Park
Begins at 9:00 with educational activities and mussel detecting dog demo, followed by the mussel walk and beach clean-up.
Participate in the Online Mussel Walk Challenge
Conduct your own mussel walk:
- Invasive mussel identification
- Instructions and contact information for anything suspicious
- Submit results below